ABB S4C Plus Restart

AS1 & AS2 are the duel channel auto stop circuit. It appears the e-stop circuit is not getting interrupted. Starting it back up is handled by a background task. JeffKiper talked briefly about the EIO file. Upload the EIO file, open it up (Easiest to view it with MS word) and look for “SYSSIG_IN”. This will show you what DI signals are needed to start the robot without having to use the teach pendent.

Here is a recent EIO file. Looks like there is not a MotonStart function listed. To add this function do I edit the EIO file offline and upload it back into the system or is this done on the teach pendant?

I don’t see an attachment. The DI you want to use is –Signal “Whatever_name_they_called_it” -Action "MotOnStart". This is the cleanest way to do it. This DI will start the motors and also start the program. (One command, two actions) If it’s not in your list you need to add it. I would use the teach pendent, it will get the syntax correct.

Before you download in to the controller make sure you do a full system backup. Then when you download into the controller overwrite the existing and do a hard start not a warm start.

I don’t see an attachment. The DI you want to use is –Signal “Whatever_name_they_called_it” -Action "MotOnStart". This is the cleanest way to do it. This DI will start the motors and also start the program. (One command, two actions) If it’s not in your list you need to add it. I would use the teach pendent, it will get the syntax correct.

Sorry did not list the file.....I am not seeing a way to add the DI with the teach pendent. Is there something that I am missing there.

Sorry did not list the file.....I am not seeing a way to add the DI with the teach pendent. Is there something that I am missing there.

To add it to the SYSSIG_IN, go to the other windows screen, then system parameters, choose topics; IO Signals, then choose Types; System Inputs. There you will see all the system inputs that are in the EIO file. Push add to add what DI you want to connect to “MotOnStart”. You will need to do a WARM START for the changes to take effect. If you do a COLD START it will wipe out the controller’s memory and will take 4 hours to reload the key disc and all 7 boot discs, answer all the questions correctly, etc. (If you can still find all 8 discs.) Make sure you have a current copy of the backup file before you start.

Hey Just finished. Created an new Di user input connected it to a system input to ack the error window, then also used the Di to do the motonstart function.

This was quite fun......works great.

Thanks for the help.

If the robot is S4c + then you can directly connect to the Ethernet port using
Ultraedit in FTP mode.
The robot default ip is 192.168.125.1
Set your pc ip to 192.168.125.82
Subnet mask. 255.255.255.240
Default Gateway 192.168.125.81

Set yourself up As a user and you can see all the files in the robot, backup as required.