ABCIP / SuiteLink won't recover

dalporto

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.

I'm testing a few communication bits to monitor the communication health between InTouch 2023 and a L71 PLC.

To do so, I disable OI.ABCIP in SMC, which gives me the alarm I want (Access Name: view / IOStatus).

Problem is when I reactivate the DAS, the communication won't recover, even if I do many reset on the device afterwards. Only trick that works so far is to shut down the viewer and restart it.

Any experience with that, or any insights on how to manage InTouch so it reconnects as soon as it can to minimize downtime?

Thanks.

You are using App Server from what I can recall.?
If it is a DI object, the reconnect attribute need to be toggled
We have a monitor on this & when in error, trigger the reconnect

I believe this has been fixed in versions 2017+