abt hyperterminal

dhruvit

If I Have a computer running Hyperterminal, and it's connected to the controller using serial commport-1. How can I use hyperterminal to test and trouble-shoot the serial communication. Can some one point me to a manual or a tutorial on how to use Hyperterminal to test serial communications (RS232 or RS485)? Say I don't know what the PLC/Controller is sending and I would like to capture the data stream, how do I do that?

What make and model of PLC are you using ? Most logic controllers use a vendor-specific serial protocol.

Hyperterminal is a very crude tool for serial protocol analysis; you will almost certainly need something more sophisticated. I use RealTerm extensively.

Are you attempting to "write a driver", or troubleshoot a link between existing systems, or something else ?

Edit: I found your other post, where he's trying to make an Arduino emulate an SLC-500, or vice-versa.

Last edited:
thank you sir

actually i m using micrologix-1100
and whatever data i m going to get on comm port i will send it to Arduino
i just want to see what data i will get when i suppose on or off the switch in my programm
or what should i get on hyperterminal a string or what?
can i able to see something in my hyperterminal if yes then how? it is then possible for me to communicate with Arduino
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

Last edited: