access to S7 variables from Sinumerik 840D

Chuck_r&d

Hi all,
I have to read and send to a HMI some variables of a PLC which belongs to a control Sinumerik 840D.
At this time I dont know how to access to these variables through the HMI or the pcu50.3.

Any expert can give me a hand please?
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
I have to read and send to a HMI some variables of a PLC which belongs to a control Sinumerik 840D.
At this time I dont know how to access to these variables through the HMI or the pcu50.3.

Any expert can give me a hand please?
Thanks in advance.

Bump to the top, because I want to know myself.

You will need WinCCFlex (plus an add on for the 840D) to edit the HMI.
You will need Step 7 plus a add on tool kit (different) to edit the S7 ladder.

The HMI talks to the S7 via predefined Data blocks. The structures of the DB's are also predefined. I do not remember which DB does what, but I think DB9 might be the block used to communicate between the S7 and the NCK.

Thanks for the answer Mike_RH,

I've been answered a couple of hours ago by Siemens technical support and they told me that I would be able to use the variables: block, blockNoStr or lastBlockNoStr to get the number of the block in execution or just executed, so maybe I can use it to send the block number to my visual basic HMI in a PC host, as an index to mark the line of the code... as soon I get the HW I'll try that, in other case I'll ask for more info about the SW you said.

Thanks for the answer Mike_RH,

I've been answered a couple of hours ago by Siemens technical support and they told me that I would be able to use the variables: block, blockNoStr or lastBlockNoStr to get the number of the block in execution or just executed, so maybe I can use it to send the block number to my visual basic HMI in a PC host, as an index to mark the line of the code... as soon I get the HW I'll try that, in other case I'll ask for more info about the SW you said.

I know on the 840D, to access the variables for the individual axes, it starts at DB31 (axis 1) and counts up, so DB32 is Axis 2 and so on. All the drive parameters are found there.

To make the variable access tabel (VAT) you go to your blocks folder, Right click and select insert new object, then type is DB31.DBX0.0 (for axis 1) and how many bits you want to monitor.

NOTE: The some DB's will not be in your actual project, but when you make a VAT table, you will see the Sybol name and values.

I know this isn't what your trying to do, but may help you one day, or someone else.

I'm interested where you are told to find the HMI tags, I didn't know a certain
DB was used for that.

On the 840D if you cycle power and press the # "3" button, it will launch windows, from there they may have the HMI project saved, then you could open it with WinnCC, That's if it wasn't backed up with the PLC project.

Keep me in the loop.

Thanks

Thanks for the info Timeismoney08, i'm attaching the file they sent me (I don't know if this 'help file' detects automatically the language, this one is in Spanish but the content is in English), is the help of the program NC_Var_Selector.

I'm waiting for Siemens support again but as far as I can see to get the axis position you should be able to use this: $AA_IM[x] Where x is the axis, that is, X, Y, Z etc.

Let's see if we can clarify this stuff

Thanks for the info Timeismoney08, i'm attaching the file they sent me (I don't know if this 'help file' detects automatically the language, this one is in Spanish but the content is in English), is the help of the program NC_Var_Selector.

I'm waiting for Siemens support again but as far as I can see to get the axis position you should be able to use this: $AA_IM[x] Where x is the axis, that is, X, Y, Z etc.

Let's see if we can clarify this stuff
'

Where would you type in "$AA_IM[x]'? In a VAT?
That's good to know.

The file would not open on my home computer. Is it something needing S7?

As I could read in the help AA_IM[] is the NCK-variable for Variable actToolBasePos. (The variable actToolBasePos is stored in the area C (Channel-assigned data) in the data module SMA (State data in the MCS))

I would use it through HMI advanced this way (using VB):

ret = R_VAR_H(Host,Machine,OrderNum,VarMode,VarSet,VarDescr,VarData)

where VarDescr:
/Channel/MachineAxis/actToolBasePos[u<Area index>, <Row index>]

Where:
<Area index> = Channel number
<line index> = Axis index

At this time I haven't try it, but that's the way I would say to the host to receive a variable from the machine, in our case actToolBasePos[].
I'll write here the results as soon as I get the Hardware.

'

Where would you type in "$AA_IM[x]'? In a VAT?
That's good to know.

The file would not open on my home computer. Is it something needing S7?

You mean the file I attached last week? I dont think so, I have no stuff related with S7 and it runs properly.