Accessing a PLC remotely.

My question is whether or not I can do this but on the remote end computer is rs232 df1. To the PLC.
I haven't tried it yet was planning on trying it tonight or tomorrow. With a slc5/03. And the. The 2nd plc is a 5/03 connected dh+ to the first one.

I know this has been dead for a while but I'm trying to follow the instructions and am stuck.
I followed the guide, have the vpn active, can ping the remote PC vpn address.
I went into cmd prompt on PG and did the route add <plc IP> Mask 255.255.255.255 <vpn address> metric 1
When I ping the PLC from PG it times out.. anything I missed?

PG IP: 192.168.1.25
Remote PC Internet IP: 192.168.1.2
Remote PC PLC IP: 100.0.0.3
PLC IP: 100.0.0.2

Last edited:
I use IDEC SmartRelays that are plugged directly into the router with a VPN setup, once i'm connected to VPN I can get directly into the Smart Relay. It still bothers me that there is no User/Password.going this way, However going through the web browser there is, although the web browser is useless to me.

there is no gateway IP setup in the PLC. PLC is connected to a router then the Remote PC is connected to that router as well.
[Edit]
If there is a gateway in the PLC it is 100.0.0.1 (routers IP address)

Last edited:
My first answer was incorrect, if you want to access just PLC, you can use 255.255.255.255.
Which PLC are you using?
For example, in Rockwell CompactLogix you can set gateway through RSLogix 5000, then your remote PC static IP address have to be same as this gateway address, so your gateway should be 100.0.0.3.
Also, I can't see what is your TeamViewer IP on a remote computer, see page 7 in the guide, you should use this address in route add command.

Last edited: