ACS550 and M580 PLC INVERT SPEED REF. ERROR

cedric.turmel

Hi,
Has anyone had this problem:
- I send a speed reference to my ABB ACS550 Drive via Modbus TCP to it's register via an INT. However when I have to transfer a modified project to the PLC sometimes I have to invert the BYTES of the INT for the speed reference I send to the drive or else it receives the wrong reference and the drive gives DIR LOCK error 2004.

If I redo a project transfer to the PLC everything comes back to normal.
My quick fix was to add a bool to activate if needed to reverse the INT.

I would like top permenately fix this proble. Spoke with ABB and they never heard of this issue.

Any help?

Just to determine whats wrong, try to capture the communication using wireshark - when its woking and not to rule out the control system.