ACS800 Motion Control

A note on the velocity FF from the servo loop block diagram http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/motion-um001_-en-p.pdf page 296
Having tuned (not brilliantly but much better than others on site) a few high inertia systems that the best velocity FF value is close to 100% as it feeds the velocity loop command (Not the torque)
In velocity mode the the velocity FF should be 100%. The trick is that there is a maximum speed parameter that defines what 100% is. I may not have the right name for this value. I haven't looked at the M02AE or M02AS code in over 10 years now so I may not have the right name. The problem is that this parameter needs to be adjusted to a low value when in torque mode.

Some comments

Thank you guys, and sorry for not answering promptly. I had a surgery in my right eye though I´m not back to work but writing from home.

Some comments:

- I tried to use my acs800 drive as a torque controller but for some reason it did not work, I contacted ABB team here in colombia but not help at all. So the drive is being used as a speed controller. Plc is used as position controller.

- I found out that there is a new motion controller firmware for the acs800 but nobody here in colombia knew about it, two weeks ago at an ISA automation fair (here in colombia) somebody told me that I had to buy a new drive, this frimware can not be installed in a used drive.

- The whole system is working fine including conveyors and exiting tables, in spite of speed problems.

- Not sure if this systeam ever "worked out" in the USA as the customer said.

- I got no parameters for the original pflex 700s drive, rockwell told me that the guy who designed this system does not work for them anymore and they have no records at all.

- I´m waiting from ABB response about changing some parameters in the drive in order to tune drive-motor with load without large movements as it is now (too may turns).

Hope to be back at the customer on weekend and I´ll let you know my advances.

Once again, thank you all.

Dear members;
i'have ABB-DCS800 Drives.
but there are a password parameter protection, any one know how we can bypass the password or restore the Drive to factory Setting, because i'have the DriveWindowLight Project but i'cant Download the Project to DCS800 Drive,
best regards.
Shawki