active mpi-profibus cable

Not sure what you mean by active.

The (USB or serial) adapters that let you connect a PC's serial or USB port to a processor are powered through the PLC's port, maybe that's what you mean by active?

The other options are a CP installed in the PC and standard Profibus cable to the PLC. These do not need power to the PLC and are generally faster that the adapters.

No, I used once a special cable for my CP5512 instead of an ordinary mpi- or profibus cable. They said it was an 'active' cable. I already heard you would have less disturbance for the created 'sturb line' if you put it on double profibus connector. I wanted some approval to my information, and maybe an explanation how it is physically made.
Thanks.

Similar Topics

Hello I am trying to "Monitor" the execution of my PLC program, i dont have MPI or hardware at all, i just try to do this using the simulator...
Replies
Views
I was looking for this function, so that i doesn´t need to do it in the PLC. If there are an alarm in the alarm list, i want to flash the...
Replies
Views
Context: PLC= S7-1212C, HMI=KTP1200 Basic. Hi again, When the "REPORT" button is pressed (on a different screen), it takes the operator to the...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I'm new to PLC and HMIs, and I was given the following problem: I need to be able to filter alarms and events that are only related...
Replies
Views
Hi I am in the process of making an OT lab for training and to test incident response, an i keep hearing NOT to scan network because some...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom