AD Productivity Suite compare values

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking at the compare values instruction, it seems as though you have to use 2 separate boolean tags to perform a greater than or equal to function? Am I missing something? If I try to write to the same tag, the tag I am writing seems to always follow the equal to state even if the value is greater.

so if I want to turn an output on if a value is equal or greater I need to create a separate tag for greater than, and equal to and then parallel them to a coil?

Am I missing something or a better way? Obviously most PLC have >= instruction.

Are you entering the compare contact from the keyboard? If so, double click it and you should see the options to choose any of the standard compare functions.

If you drag the compare instruction from the toolbox, it automatically opens this window:

psuitecompare.png

thnaks had a brain **** and was using cmpv. still getting use to productivity. I know it is 1000 times better than the old directsoft software.

Yeah, I am not a big fan of PSuite...too much fluff, some major pet peeves, but WAY better than Directsoft.

I had not seen the CMPV instruction. I had to reopen a file and look at that after your reply. I guess it is slightly more compact than 3 compare rungs with Coil outputs?

The PSuite designers got carried away with extra instructions, and extra tag properties that can lead to unpredictable outcomes (like Initial Values) but the thing that turned me off the most was starting bit numbers at "1". I have never seen any computer software do that until I dealt with it in PSuite.

I am really liking the Click Plus, but its fixed memory rather than tag based and has I/O limits. The DoMore is cool, but have had some hardware problems with it.