add a tag to a udt array

mxkjk2

I am trying to add some logic to a current program. To do what I want I need to add a bool to a udt array. Anybody know how to do that in RSlogix 5000?

You can insert elements into a UDT definition in RSLogix 5000; just use Insert or Delete, or right-click.

You can't do that online except with a new UDT that has no tags of that type. Once a UDT is in use, you can't modify it while the controller is running.

I am not online with the controller. Where do you right click? when I try that I just see the options to monitor, make a new tag with that alias, or edit the properties of the udt. I tried hitting insert but it just took me to the bottom of the page of tags and had me start creating a new tag not inside of the udt array.

You're probably in the Tag Database view; that's where you create or monitor tags and their values, but Data Types are managed separately.

In the RSLogix 5000 project tree, select Data Types -> User Defined and then select the UDT's datatype.