Add I/O to CompactLogix Brick Unit

Tim Ganz

I have a compactlogix brick unit L23E / QBFC1B and I need to add 1769-IF4 card to it for additional analog inputs.

This is a running process so should I power down and add the card then go online and add it to the I/O tree or will I have to add it to the I/O tree and then download.

I could not seem to find much on these units in the ab knowledgebase site.

Best process will be:

*Go Online and Upload to have the latest program.
*You will need to power down and insert card into chassis (Not Hot swappable)
*Add card to IO Tree in 5000
*Download

So, yes.

Grab the latest program, add the I/O module, power off, physically add module, power up in program mode, download program to processor, test, go back to run.

Similar Topics

We are trying to poll data coming from a PLC for remote monitoring we have the IP address of the PLC and the default port number and the path is...
Replies
Views
When I had used another allen bradley PLC in my class, it had a card just used for the network connection. For adding a remote PLC inputs, I...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have a point i/o project that the customer knows they want to add an additional unit in the year or so when funds are available...
Replies
Views
Is there any compactlogix expansion card similar to the 1756-ENBT cards used by controllogix systems ? I am stuck with a L33ER controller which...
Replies
Views
I have a 1769-L18ER CompactLogix processor running Firmware 20.12 and I am trying to add a connection to an Allen Bradley 842E-MIP Encoder. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom