Add input slot of CompactLogix

timrb

When I had used another allen bradley PLC in my class, it had a card just used for the network connection. For adding a remote PLC inputs, I would go through a fairly standard process of add my network card, then the remote plc's network card, then the remote plc's inputs.

I am now using a CompactLogix with the network ports built right into the CPU. I think I can not go through the same above process? Or I can I add the inputs of a remote CompactLogix? If so any instructions or video? Thanks

What model? Based on the 1769-L33ER that's on my desk, expand the I/O Configuration in the project tree. Right-click on "1769 Bus" and select "New Module..." to add a local module. To add a networked device, right-click on "Ethernet". That's the local Ethernet network.