Add-on instruction input with optional capability

sayahfar

Hi All,

I'm a new AB programmer but I have experience in programming with Siemens. I want to use Add-on instruction in AB same as Function Block in Siemens, so that some inputs is not mandatory to write something and in this case it take their defined values. In AB, I found Add-on same as FB except that if you put it as required, so you should assign something to it and if not put it as required, you couldn't assign anything.

Is there any way to have both together?

Thanks

But in this case I couldn't assign a parameter to it.
I want something like Function Block in Siemens, the assignment of input or output is optional. maybe you use it several times, for first you can assign a tag to parameter but for second one you don't want and it uses the parameter's definition value.

can I have it in AB?

I replied to this post over on mrplc, I'll copy and paste below :)

For inputs, put them as "required". If you don't need that particular input/output, you can just put a "1" or a "0" in the required place:
post-47361-0-70529900-1435534677.png

As for outputs, you have two options that i can think of off the top of my head:

Leave them as not required. If they are required, then copy the output to the relevant tag on the next rung:
post-47361-0-72867600-1435535053.png

Or, leave them as required, and just create a dummy tag that you can assign to the AOI where it's not required:
post-47361-0-59840800-1435535033.png

Hope that helps!