Add-On Instructions (AOI) for AB 1400 PLC

mbreddy

Hi ,
I need to interface
sensors "proximity", GPS, accelero meter, with AB 1400 1766 PLC .Currently I have RSLogix micro starter programming tool and i found no AOI.Could you please help me which tool i need to buy to integrate the above sensors ?I am thinking the software i should buy is RSLogix 5000 std. Please help in this regard.

I heard in Seimens PLC there are function blocks which can be used to for quick interfacing sensors and devices.In AB PLC i heard there are AOI which is like functional blocks which we can use.
thanks,

Last edited:
There are no AOIs for AB MicroLogix family of processors; the Add-On Instructions are features of the RSLogix 5000 software used for configuring the AB Logix Class CPUs: ControlLogix, GuardLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix and SoftLogix.

The MicroLogix line of controllers, including the 1400, is not Logix Class.

Depending of your sensors' functionality you might or might not be able to use them within a MicroLogix 1400 system; if they support explicit messaging you will need the RSLogix 500 programming software for accessing all the available system features.

The RSLogix Micro Starter free software is functional only with the ML 1000 and ML 1100 CPUs; RSLogix Micro does not connect to ML 1400.