Adding timer to motor start push button.

While I agree with all the answers that have been given, my preference is that the horn is sounded, be it at intervals or continuous, while the operator is still pushing the start button, and at the end of that time period the circuit to run the motor is then latched. That way if the shout of someone in danger is given then removal of finger from the start button is all that is needed rather than having to hit the stop button.
Also if there is such a possibility occurring then consider using a castel coded key system where each person on the machine has to have a key and all the keys have to be returned before the start circuit can be energized.

Similar Topics

Does anyone know the bet way to add a horn to a start button that stays on for 10 sec then shuts off and the motor starts.
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm still learning PLC programming and I was needing some help with making some changes to our program. I'm needing to remove the (TON)...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, i have searched this forum and looked here for advice before but this time i wasn't able to find an exact answer for what i'm...
Replies
Views
Hey is there anyway to add a timer to a SLC5/03 without downloading the program back in to the processor.
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Currently we have three plants running with Controllogix PLCs (L72, L73, L74). In each of these plants we have 2 FTView SE...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom