ADQ101: Micrologix 1400 using MSG to Rexroth

BachPhi

1. I have NO problem using Controllogix to a Rexroth controller by setting up a generic E-net module with
Input Assy Instance = 100, size=1 DINT (4 bytes) &
Output Assy Instance = 150, size=1 DINT &
Config Assy Instance = 01 , size=0.

2. A Micrologix1400 was setup with MSG & CIP Generic to Rexroth, similar to the above setup, MSG was sent & done normally without ANY errors, however I don't see any data. see picture below.

MSG_RIX_Setup.jpg

[I can create an error by putting in a diff. instance number, for ex. From what I can see, the setup looks correct, the read msg was sent to controller, but not receiving it for some reason]

3. However, If I put both Controllogix & Micrologix on at the same time, then the Micro start receiving data from the Rexroth controller.

ADQ101 [Another Dump Question]. Help . Thanks.:=)

I'm not sure if this advice will solve your issue, but I always cascade MSGs.

For instance, I would ENable your MG32:0 if ANY of the following are true:

First Pass
MG32:1.DN
MG32:1.TO
MG32:1.ER

Then, I would trigger MG32:1 whenever the following are true:

MG32:0.DN
MG32:0.TO
MG32:0.ER

I have been told that it's wise to introduce a delay between MSGs, but I never do.

I dont think it would. The timer is there for testing as it can be extended for testing purposes, but once it's working I would probably use your logic.

One thought that come to my mind is to insert another hop, but I will try it on Monday. Thanks

Inserting another hop will result in error.
I also tried it with a SLC5/05 using EEM same result, that is:

IF I put my contrologix on at the same time, then my SLC5/05 will start receiving data and continue to receive data even after I turn off ControlLogix.
I even went further by rebooting SLC5/05 and it still receive data after booting up.
However, it will stop receiving data after CS351 reboot.

After all this time, I still wonder why the MLX1400 & Rexroth did work on its own.
Perhaps, it needs to initiate a connection first by creating & open a connection or that I was missing "Configuration Assembly" instance.
MLX1400 does not have a configuration assembly. Could it be the custom, or Get/Set Atttribute or Read/Write parameter be the equivalent?

MLX1400-Rexroth-CS351.png

MLGX1400-CIP-Generic-In-Out-Assy.png

Read/Write param. are class F, so they are out. Here are some possible combinations:
Class-Instance-Attribute.png

And since Set_Configuration_Data will set CIP Forward_Open service, so the GET will be out also. Once Forward_Open request and Producing/Consuming request are verified, I/O connection will then be established.

Final candidates:

CIP-Final-Candidates.png

Last edited:
Finding Class, Instance, Attribute CIA from EDS file.

Finding Class, Instance, Attribute CIA from EDS file.

Typically with Rockwell products, we can decipher CIA from an EDS file:

In the [PARAMS] section of an EDS file you will see the following type of string:

The Link Path is "20 08 24 01 30 03". It can be decoded as follows:

20 - The next single byte is a CLASS code.
08 - CLASS code.
24 - The next single byte is an INSTANCE number.
01 - INSTANCE number.
30 - The next byte is ATTRIBUTE.
03 - ATTRIBUTE.

However, with Anybus HMS product, it does not seem to follow Rockwell's rule:

Connection1: “20 04 24 05 2C 96 2C 64”; $ exclusive output path
Connection2: “20 04 24 05 2C 03 2C 64”; $ input only path
Connection3: “20 04 24 05 2C 04 2C 64”; $ listen only path

HMS Anybus MP40 - Rexroth CS351 EDS file

"20 04 24 05 2C 96 2C 64"; $ Anybus MP40 exclusive owner path

Class 4, Config Assy 5 , Output Assy 150, Input Assy 100.

"20 04 24 66 2C 64 2C 65"; $ Rockwell 1734-AENT exclusive owner path

Last edited: