advancedhmi and rslogix 500

Well you aren't giving us much to go by here. "It doesn't work" isn't a very good description of your problem. Also RSLogix 500 is software, not hardware. Please provide the following information:

The catalog number of the PLC you are trying to program
How you are connected to it (cables, adapters, etc)
Exact error messages you are receiving from AdvancedHMI
Version of Visual Studio you are using

One thing - the video shows using RSLogix Emulate, which isn't included with the standard RSLogix. If you only have the standard version of RSLogix, or the free download, you probably have to purchase:
9324-RL0700NXENE RSLogix 500 Professional Edition Offline/Online Programming

Guys I am trying to connect the software RSLogix 500 (licensed one) with advanced HMI without any hardware, I want to make virtual HMI to make some projects, but I can't make a connection between them.

Guys I am trying to connect the software RSLogix 500

RSLogix500 is the software to program a real PLC. You cannot connect to it with "Advanced HMI or any HMI for that matter.

You can however use RSEmulate500, that is what the video is about.

See link below for a free copy of RSEmulate that supports ML1000,ML1100, ML1200, ML1400,ML1500 PLC's.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/plc/micrologix.page

Last edited:
So I can download RSLogix Micro and connect it by RSLogix emulate to advancedHMI and work virtually ?

Oh God. Guys, I have RSLogix Emulate 500, what I want is to connect virtually to an HMI and do some projects without needs to a physical hardware.

I believe you can do what you want and I think I did many years ago. I remember you must download the RS500 ladder program into the RSEmulate program. My memory is a little blurry at this point but I think I used some virtual serial port software to connect the AdvancedHMI to the RSEmulate. This was way before Archie had added the ethernet drivers. Maybe there is some other way but Archie (who wrote/designed the Advanced program) has a good answer.

Edit:
Here is a link to the software I used for a virtual serial port.
http://www.eltima.com/products/vspdxp/
Here is another link for software that might work for you.
http://com0com.sourceforge.net
Com0Com from Sorceforge is a free virtual serial software.

Last edited:
I have not used RSEmulate, so I can only offer limited help. In AdvancedHMI, there is a \Documents folder. In that folder is a PDf file UsingAdvancedHMIwithRSLogixEmulator500.pdf

It was a user contributed file from several years ago that I have never tried myself.

I have not used RSEmulate, so I can only offer limited help. In AdvancedHMI, there is a \Documents folder. In that folder is a PDf file UsingAdvancedHMIwithRSLogixEmulator500.pdf

It was a user contributed file from several years ago that I have never tried myself.

@Archie,
I'm almost certain that what is stated in the .pdf file is what I did. I am not the one that contributed that file but I vaguely remember reading it and testing it out. Before I found the Eltima software I also remember using a null-modem cable. I connected two computers together physically thru their RS232 serial comm ports, one computer with the AdvancedHMI program running and the other computer with RSEmulate and RSLogix500 running.

Hello,
I tried to run advancedHMI with RSLogix 500. But it didn't worked. I watched the video of Archie on youtube and another one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDtgIS-nj7I
but still not working together. How can I do that ?
I watched the video in the link shown above and after following the steps outlined using WindowsXP, it works as explained. The only thing I can think of that might keep your setup from working is your Windows version may be too new (newer than WindowsXP) or some of the software won't work on 64 bit systems if that is what you are trying to use.