Advice on synchronizing local and remote settings

I've done this or similar with some graphics intelligence and PLC coding in a pure Rockwell environment (PanelView tocuhscreen and FTView SE SCADA). Maybe it's possible in your environment.

At each location a specific graphic screen is configured for setpoint manipulation. When the touchscreen graphic is opened, bits/bytes are sent from local PLC to remote to let SCADA know it's hands off - opening and/or manipulating its setpoint graphic is blocked. Any newly adjusted values are immediately sent from local PLC to remote (SCADA) PLC.

Vice-versa when the SCADA graphic is opened.

Force each setpoint manipulation graphic closed after a short period of inactivity and clear the 'hands off' bits. Ask/demand the users close the graphics when not using them as a standard operating procedure.

When neither setpoint manipulation graphic is opened you don't need to move any values back or forth. They'll have been updated during the last 'transaction'.

The "Hands Off" bit is a novel idea - I had not thought of that, and I like the idea. Thank you for sharing this.

I've done this or similar with some graphics intelligence and PLC coding in a pure Rockwell environment (PanelView tocuhscreen and FTView SE SCADA). Maybe it's possible in your environment.

At each location a specific graphic screen is configured for setpoint manipulation. When the touchscreen graphic is opened, bits/bytes are sent from local PLC to remote to let SCADA know it's hands off - opening and/or manipulating its setpoint graphic is blocked. Any newly adjusted values are immediately sent from local PLC to remote (SCADA) PLC.

Vice-versa when the SCADA graphic is opened.

Force each setpoint manipulation graphic closed after a short period of inactivity and clear the 'hands off' bits. Ask/demand the users close the graphics when not using them as a standard operating procedure.

When neither setpoint manipulation graphic is opened you don't need to move any values back or forth. They'll have been updated during the last 'transaction'.

Might try having a look at the Pax CmdSrc AOI for another perspective. Devices implementing a CmdSrc input parameter(s) for each of the possible owners. The selected owner setpoint can then be mirrored about the rest of a system.

don't make it complacated
store all you variabled in the plc and access them from whatever hmi you neeed whats important is that every body is accessing the same data