Alarm Printing (Latest Technology?)

LMDAVE

HI, havent posted here in a while but usually get great answer from you guys. In the past whenever I set up an HMI system (FIX intellution, etc), I would have a dot matrix printer with continuous feed paper to record all alarms and commands.

With todays technology, what type of printer/paper do you recommend for this type of alarm reporting now?

If you still need a hard copy, dot matrix printers and continuous feed paper are still available. Why change?

I'd just print to a text file or store alarms in a database. If a hard copy is required, then you should be able to print to almost any printer. Only very old HMI software would be limited to printing to an LPT port.

Similar Topics

Hi I am using Factorytalk SE and there is requirement for line by line printing (Dot Matrix)whenever the alarm or event will appear.How i can do it?
Replies
Views
I am loading Intouch 10.1 on a test machine with Windows 7 and I have everything working except for Alarm Printer. The standard .bat file we use...
Replies
Views
Sorry this will be a bit long. We have a customer that wants to print the alarms that happen during a batch or run. I will be using the control...
Replies
Views
I am printing the Alarm from FTViewSE Client to Printer, but it is not printing more than 40 Character per line, Default Printer I Set is IMAC -...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am New To Wincc Flexible I normally Use RS VIew Does Any one know How Can I print Alarms From The TP177B (or find an example of how to)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom