Alarming Using Digital Text

HMI = Beijer E100
Software = E Designer

This is very much a repeat of an earlier post but im still struggling.

I have created a new block called Alarms. Anyone whos knows E-Designer will then know that a 'ladder' appears. This being present when E50/E100 programming.

In the first ladder rung I have created a digital text field assigned to address B0. I have also assigned a message to be displayed when B0 = 1. This has been tested by means of a download to the terminal, and then a B0 toggle in the plc. Message displayed on terminal.

I have then done exactly the same in the second rung, but I have assigned the text to B1. If B0 = 0 and B1 = 1 then I would expect the text in rung to to be displayed on the terminal. It doesn't.

Is my understanding of the ladder correct?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'ladder'. Do you mean the horizontal line between screens? If you have data beneath line 2 (your 'second rung'), you're gonna have to scroll down with the arrow keys in order to see it.

On these little text-based terminals, I usually make a separate block for each alarm and let the PLC request the block.

🍻

-Eric

Hi Gareth.

I have made a litte sample on how to display an alarm in a E100 terminal.

1.) make a messagelibary
2.) Edit the messagelib. make the tekst as you like.
3.) define the a datablok in the "Current display reg" under the Setup -> System signals.
4.) make a blok - where you whant to display the alarms
5.) put a "message" command to the blok (1)
6.) thuse the datablok(PLC) where you have made the alarms.
7.) finish.

I have made an little ex. based on E100 and Q PLC from Mitsubishi.
I have used the datablok "D0" as to show the alarms.
In my PLC-program i define the alarms ex. the value "0" = "Motor 1 Trip", the value "1" = "Motor 2 Trip", value "2" = "Motor 3 Trip" etc.
The value for the alarm is moved to the datablok "D0".
The E100 Terminal shows the TEXT that is equal to the value in D0.

I hope you can use this little sampel, to get some idea.

Best regards
Dariusch