Allen Bradley 1100 to Red Lion C304K

I am wondering if anyone had success connecting AB 1100 to a Red lion C304K. My problem is that I am having a hard time understanding I/O to tags in Crimson 3. I am new to HMI. Appreciate any help out there.

Can you post your files? We should be able to help. I have connected a G304K to a SLC 5/05 channel 0, so I am pretty sure it should work with a Micrologix 1100 as well.

Before you can post your files, you must zip them first.

And, welcome to the forum.

AB 1100 to Red Lion C304K

And, welcome to the forum.[/quote]
Thanks for your reply. Hope you get this message. Basically, what I am trying to do with Red Lion is Have two inputs, I:0/0 and I:0/1. I am tagging them to an pustbutton (toggle on and off) connected to two outputs O:0/4 and O:0/5. The out is a green light which should come on when true. Thanks again. John

The basic problem is that your Crimson button's action is to write to an Input point in the controller.

That's a legitimate action, and the Red Lion will do it, but the MicroLogix is going to write over it with the physical state of the Input point at the beginning of the next program scan. That's going to be just a few milliseconds later.

The traditional method of interfacing an HMI to a PLC is to read and write non-physical data table addresses. In the SLC-500 and MicroLogix families of controllers, these are typically "B" and "N" and "F" data files, for Binary and Integer and Floating Point (respectively) data.

Try re-addressing your button to "B3:0/0" and "B3:0/1", then use those in your PLC program.

Crimson 3 software

I wondering if someone can take a look at my Crimson 3.0 file attached. I have a program in my AB 1100 that has B3:0/0 and B3:0/1 as inputs and O:0/4 and O:0/5 as outputs. When B3:0/0 is true a output light O:0/4 should be true. Same as for B3:0/1 for output O:0/5.
I am using Crimson 3.0 Emulator to run the program but it is not working. I have an USB connection between my PC and AB1100 which is programming the AB okay. At this point, there is no C304K connected. I do not have any experience at all on HMI programming. Some parts of the Crimson 3 manual is difficult to understand. Thanks any help someone can give me.

If you post your PLC logic, I'll see about making a few corrections for you later today. I believe I see what you tried to do.