Allen Bradley Micrologix 1200 clock

ste1171

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have an application which is using a Micrologix 1200 PLC. The application is quite simple....controlling some valves and pumps in a sequence.

I have a requirement to turn on some outputs at certain times of the day, leave them on for a couple of hours and then turn them off. I know the ML1200 has some status bits s:1/37 to s:1/42 for the calendar year/month/day etc.

I do not know how to use these and the manual just tells me that the bits are available.

Can someone advise on the best way to go about this.

Thanks.

Download this then open it in RSLogix500, it is a program where I started a chiller prior to the personnel arriving...time and day could be set with a Panelview, I have that too if you need it.

The ML1200 has FUNCTION FILES that work with the time clock...you do have the RTC module? The ML doesnt have a real time clock, its an add on module...I usually get the RTC and memory module.

Last edited:
Thanks. That helps a lot. I just didn't know how to use the bits.

I have a panelview 300 I am using so I you could send what you have on that as well I will use as a reference.

Thanks again.

This program used a PV micro 300...this is the program. As Tom mentioned you will need the RTC module. When you open RSLogix 500 and select the ML1200 when it opens on the left in the menu there will be Function Files, that is where you will see the addresses etc for year, month, etc.

Last edited: