Allen Bradley Vision Processor

Just been browsing ebay, as you do, and come across this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Allen-Bra..._Control_ET&hash=item415babb01b#ht_1680wt_932

Its an Allen Bradley Vision Processor for what looks like a Pyramid Integrator Chassis.

Anyone know what they do :ROFLMAO: i cant imagine a PI running video or something? Some of this old stuff is fascinating.

Its for a PLC 5 chassis. I have seen one for tracking welding on a seam. I don't remember how it was programmed and it never really worked that well...

That was close to 15 years ago.

It's not for a PLC5 chassis. It's for a PI chassis. I worked with others on this vision system for several auto makers.

I'm trying to remember. I know that AB had a CVIM, CVIM2 and I think a color version. It had it's own monitor connection and I think a light pen. It had a menuing system and different visual tools to accomplish the vision tasks such as a caliper, protractor and such. We used it for body inspections for two different auto manufacturers. I saw another one in use at a warehouse which sorted clothes hanger types at a very high speed using a strobe light.

Yes, the CVIM modules worked in the Pyramid system. They were a monster to program, but actually worked very well.

A sister plant for the company I worked for back in the late 80's/early 90's had installed a system to inspect needles (sharpness and that the canula wasn't blocked) using the CVIM.