alpha mitsubishi or logo siemens? Or..

How can you decide which to use with such conflicting recommendations.

The Siemens men are forgetting the cost of the software (which is considerable) and the huge learning curve for a beginner.

Buy a smart relay - play with it, they are not expensive and reach your own conclusion. It sounds to me that it would work fine for your application

I have used just one and wouldn't again but I do have software for PLC's and that's the only route I would take.

But without PLC software and a tight budget - your options are limited.

Hi Giovanni,
Firstly please apologies for my poor english.
If you are familiar with Labview, then the LOGO is for you ! The programming interface is simple to install (and free !) and you could create a PI loop in seconds, and other amazing functionnalities. I think that the LOGO largely fullfill your requirement. From my POV other PLC are costly and harder to do the same. The practical limitation is on the side of I/O and communication. Effectively 'spaghetti code' could be a bit annoying but you're familiar with that, isn'it ? Be aware to keep the source of your code.

i have only used the zelio and logo, but while the logo is more capable, my hatred for logo software programming is inversely proportional to my love for zelio software, and i love Siemens gear usually, these smart relays sound ideal for your applications.

Hi Giovanni,
Firstly please apologies for my poor english.
If you are familiar with Labview, then the LOGO is for you ! The programming interface is simple to install (and free !) and you could create a PI loop in seconds, and other amazing functionnalities. I think that the LOGO largely fullfill your requirement. From my POV other PLC are costly and harder to do the same. The practical limitation is on the side of I/O and communication. Effectively 'spaghetti code' could be a bit annoying but you're familiar with that, isn'it ? Be aware to keep the source of your code.

Good point, labview is same spaghetti scheisse afterall..

TurpoUrpo; I guess you dislike CFC also?

I like CFC, actually i would love it to be standard programming tool in s7, shame its not. Some similar implementations of FBD like Metso DNA ACN also are nice.

Its just that Logo and labview implementation that suck hard.

Last edited: