analog input for thermocouple device

bezure

I am interested in learning how to program a analog device in a Alan Bradley slc 500 PLC .such as a J.type thermocouple.I am not sure how to configure the input analog device and the thermocouple.I hope this is not seem like a stupid question to some of you. thank you for any assistance and feedback. :rolleyes:

Here example how to use analog with SLC .the card is NI8.
If you use another card the numbers in the red circle must chabge according to the type of the card.
The card is in slot 6.

Good Luck

analog set up.jpg

If you're using the NT4 or NT 8, the scaling is usually done in the card. The card setup contains the information on the type of thermocouple, and scaling, F or C.
Your best bet is download the manual for the card and read the setup section. I don't know the link for the new AB document site, but if you go to the old one it has a link. Old site was: http://www.ab.com/manuals

Ken