ANC100e and MSG path

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I got an ANC-100e DH+ gateway for some remote work via Cell modem. It works fine and I can program the PLC5 on the far end just fine, but I can't figure out how to construct a MSG path from a CLX using this thing? How do you address the node after the IP address?

I have a somewhat similar Prosoft device that you just add a comma and the node address after the IP address, but I can't find any doc on this ANC-100e device on this subject .

I have a call into their support but they don't open for another hour. I'm hoping someone here has this answer .

I have never used the ANC-100e so maybe my statements below are wrong.

Did you set up in RSLinx "Routing Table" links for the DHRIO?

Then in your MSG communication would point to only the DHRIO path in your case: 01, 1756-DHRIO/C, ANC-100e. Next would be the Communication Method selection of DH+ and the Souce & Destination Link number (0-199) and would be what you assigned in the step of "Routing Table" link for the DHRIO CH A and the Destination Node would be the Octal address of the PLC.

Hope this helps

I have only used these for remote programming till now and they work easily through RSLinx for that... didn't expect MSGing through them to be this tough to grasp. Silly me.

The DHRIO is virtual and contained within this device. There is a mapping from IP to DH+ node within the device but it doesn't seem to matter what IP I use there as long as its on the same subnet. It seems to be only used internal to the device.

Proper entry for Source Link and Destination Link is a unknown at this moment.

Might be worth a shot, even if its virtual, in Linx try right clicking the 01, 1756-DHRIO/C, ANC-100e and selected module configuration then hopefully you will have a "Routing Table" to configure and then see if it allows assigning channel links.

OK, so the ANC-100e precisely emulates a 1756-ENET and 1756-DHRIO in a 4-slot chassis. Nifty !

I think you treat them the same way in your program as you would a real -ENET and real -DHRIO.

The MSG target is the DHRIO slot.

The DHRIO then takes the entries for Channel number, destination DH+ node ID, and remote/local and bridge link ID's, and executes the message on DH+.

When it gets the reply on DH+, it sends that payload back as a response over the CIP path it came from.

In your case the DH+ looks local, so you can leave all the link ID stuff at default zeroes. It will matter if you want to use that 1785-KE module later.

This is the config that finally worked, Guessed at by the suggestion from the following in the Help file

If there is only one DH+ link, and you do not use FTLinx Gateway to configure the DH/RIO module for remote links, specify zero for the source link and destination link

ANCworks.jpg

This DOES use the RSLinx Gateway driver with nothing but the IP in it so I dont understand that dialog.
I wish I understood how these MSG entries physically mapped out on the RSLinx Tree.
I never had to do anything through racks or bridges so this MSG routing is new.