anlog inputs and outputs

usman

how to configure RTD PT 100?? PLZZZZ give some good advice that how to begun programing beacuse I am very new in field of PLC.

Hello Usman;
Please confirm whether this is also a S7-300 application, and what order number you are using for the analog input module.
Do you plan to connect the RTD directly to the AI module, or to use a 4-20 mA transmitter between the PLC and the RTD?
For example, there is a AI module for the S7-300 family, part number 6ES7331-7PF01-0AB0 that is a 8xRTD input module. Using such a module makes reading and scaling a RTD value very easy.
If you look in the chapters on analog value processing in the S7-300 Module Data manual:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/8859629
you will see that an RTD signal connected to an RTD AI will give you a numeric value that you only have to divide by 10. See the tables page 201 (Chap. 5.1); they show that a reading of 5000 represents a temperature of 500.0 degrees C, a reading of 8500 means 850.0 degrees C...
Regards,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Thanks Mr dchartier for your reply I am very new in the field of PLC and try to learn some thing good about all siemens PLC and plz help me time to time about the PLC programing I will wait for your kind reply.
Thanks and regards

Hello Usman;
Glad to help, and there are many more on the forum with expertise and who are willing to help.
When you have questions, ask them simply and with as many details as you can, so the replies cam be as helpful as they can.
Regards,
Daniel Chartier

Hello d chartier
Thanks for your advice I will try to ask more and useful question and do that in practical also because I have a siemens S7 315 CPU with digital and analog inputs and outputs.
thanks again for your kind advice