Another Siemens Indirect Addressing Question

First of all, I do not know the acronym AWL so I cannot answer that directly. I used Generate source but when I posted it the spacing was all out so the code portion I replace with a cut and paste from the FB itself.

Those semi-colons always have given me touble, especially in C. I have a real bad habit of forgetting them, and when I read the code I normally do not even notice them so it is a hard habit to break. Normally my compiler would catch that and I go back and add them in.

I am assuming AWL is the generated source file and anyone copying this file would need to have them in. I apologize for this, as I did not notice them as missing. If it lets me edit I will go bac and try to put it right.

I have to go to the office this morning for a bit but I will look over what you have post this afternooon. It sounds like a much better implementation.

Edit: It does not let me edit. I found the file 00003.AWL in one of the sub-directories of the project. I was wondering where they kept those source files. Not finished the morning coffee and already leaning. Thanks.

Last edited:
.awl is indeed the source file extention.

PLC > CPU > S7 Program > Sources

That's where you'll find it in the Simatic Manager.
That's also where you can modify it.
Just be very very very careful with the compile.

I really like the byte to bits and vice versa functions. Good example of the use of AR1.

A couple things in the FB that I did not think of. The use of |NOT| for NotAckd,and moving the bytes to INTs to use the compare. I wrote my own set of functions for comparing bytes.