Any Ideas

CENTER

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with a VEGAPULS C 22 Radar sensor.
One of my customers got a cold call from one of there reps when he saw the 4 35’ PVC silos.
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this product or input on what you are using?

I cant speak to that exact radar. I can say that the Vega products are good. I had a customer with 20 tanks in a classified area. We never had a problem with them until the used a pressure washer in the tank and destroyed the seals.

With all that being said I usually buy Endress Hauser 90% of the time because they are 2 hours down the road from me and I can get their hardware in a pinch if I need it now.

Yes I have used them a couple of times, one installation was for two water tanks (fibreglass) although not tall these were probably 15 ft tall, 60ft long & about 40 ft wide, worked well TBH, never went back to them once installed.
The other was for a water storage tank this was about 150c/m3
Again never had any problems.

Vega stuff is my standard for anything level related. Their kit is not only reliable but pretty damn good. I won't even entertain any other brand for level measurement. I have a couple of pressure transmitters, but their catalogue for hazardous area in pressure measurement is quite limited so I don't use more of them.

We use these on PVC silos and they work really well (though I think ours might be C21)

We use 5 of them on 5000 Gal oil tanks. No issues so far. The installation is about 1 year old. We also use a Vega remote telemetry system for ordering oil based on tank level. Our supplier monitors the levels at their office.

We have 10 of these at my facility on tanks of various heights, they're solid. 8 of them are going to a VEGASCAN 693 and it just works with no issues.

We Installed these same ones last Fall on some Fuel Tanks. They are outdoors in some pretty cold weather this winter with no issues. Easy to setup with Bluetooth. The Quality seems Great.