Anyone find any 'Must Have' iPhone apps?

Just about to go out and have a look at the Nokia N97 and HTH hand sets. The good thing about them is they have NOT been nobbled by Apple.
Maybe the HTH as it runs Windows CE and there are heaps of applications available.

Just about to go out and have a look at the Nokia N97 and HTH hand sets. The good thing about them is they have NOT been nobbled by Apple.
Maybe the HTH as it runs Windows CE and there are heaps of applications available.

1) Jailbreaking (though will have to wait a bit after the 3.1 OS comes out for the iPhone)
2) I had a CE phone, but really just couldn't stand it. Possibly personal preference, but the touch screen was horrible, and I found the apps... well, lacking. I had an LG, so YMMV :)

Nokia run Symbion? I think and applications are limited too.
Have tried jailbreaking and it works till Apple catch up again and then it dies and you have to go back through the whole process.
I think I have bought my last Apple bit of gear ever. The phone promises so much and delivers so little it is not funny.
My local provider allows tethering and at last Apple have responded with V3 - I can now tether. Trouble is AT&T rule the roost - who cares - we, thankfully, do not have AT&T!! The rest of the world is far bigger than AT&T.
I still cannot edit my contacts. That is an absolute pain as there is a heap of stuff in Outlook that I do not want in my phone and a heap of stuff in my phone that I do not want in Outlook - I can only synchronise my phone with Outlook. Stupid - Nokia have always had an editor - hopefully still do.
Camera is absolutely bl***y useless as well. Have to take a camera with me these days.
Can now send photos via SMS - WOW Apple - evryone else has done it forever!!! Shame the camera is useless. The new phone version is not much better.
Great idea stuffed up by Apple.
Yes, I am a happy little iPhone user. Could not care less about the iPod built in either.
I might add that the damn thing will not even work on my carrier's HSDPA network either. Every other phone does.
Had my rant - got to find as better phone that does what I want - not what Apple want to allow - and will work on my provider's HSDPA network. Hopefully with a usuable camera as well.
And we all thought Microsucks were a lot of manipulating so and so's!!! Hopefully they do not learn from Apple - we will all be in deeper trouble than we are now!!
The N97 does look good though - good touch screen (not as big as iPhone) and a proper keyboard as well. Looking forward to a look and test drive quite frankly.

nokia run symbion? I think and applications are limited too.
Have tried jailbreaking and it works till apple catch up again and then it dies and you have to go back through the whole process.
I think i have bought my last apple bit of gear ever. The phone promises so much and delivers so little it is not funny.
My local provider allows tethering and at last apple have responded with v3 - i can now tether. Trouble is at&t rule the roost - who cares - we, thankfully, do not have at&t!! The rest of the world is far bigger than at&t.
I still cannot edit my contacts. That is an absolute pain as there is a heap of stuff in outlook that i do not want in my phone and a heap of stuff in my phone that i do not want in outlook - i can only synchronise my phone with outlook. Stupid - nokia have always had an editor - hopefully still do.
Camera is absolutely bl***y useless as well. Have to take a camera with me these days.
Can now send photos via sms - wow apple - evryone else has done it forever!!! Shame the camera is useless. The new phone version is not much better.
Great idea stuffed up by apple.
Yes, i am a happy little iphone user. Could not care less about the ipod built in either.
I might add that the damn thing will not even work on my carrier's hsdpa network either. Every other phone does.
Had my rant - got to find as better phone that does what i want - not what apple want to allow - and will work on my provider's hsdpa network. Hopefully with a usuable camera as well.
And we all thought microsucks were a lot of manipulating so and so's!!! Hopefully they do not learn from apple - we will all be in deeper trouble than we are now!!
The n97 does look good though - good touch screen (not as big as iphone) and a proper keyboard as well. Looking forward to a look and test drive quite frankly.

blackberry

Nokia run Symbion? I think and applications are limited too.
Have tried jailbreaking and it works till Apple catch up again and then it dies and you have to go back through the whole process.
I think I have bought my last Apple bit of gear ever. The phone promises so much and delivers so little it is not funny.
My local provider allows tethering and at last Apple have responded with V3 - I can now tether. Trouble is AT&T rule the roost - who cares - we, thankfully, do not have AT&T!! The rest of the world is far bigger than AT&T.
I still cannot edit my contacts. That is an absolute pain as there is a heap of stuff in Outlook that I do not want in my phone and a heap of stuff in my phone that I do not want in Outlook - I can only synchronise my phone with Outlook. Stupid - Nokia have always had an editor - hopefully still do.
Can now send photos via SMS - WOW Apple - evryone else has done it forever!!! Shame the camera is useless. The new phone version is not much better.
Great idea stuffed up by Apple.
Yes, I am a happy little iPhone user. Could not care less about the iPod built in either.
I might add that the damn thing will not even work on my carrier's HSDPA network either. Every other phone does.
Had my rant - got to find as better phone that does what I want - not what Apple want to allow - and will work on my provider's HSDPA network. Hopefully with a usuable camera as well.
And we all thought Microsucks were a lot of manipulating so and so's!!! Hopefully they do not learn from Apple - we will all be in deeper trouble than we are now!!
The N97 does look good though - good touch screen (not as big as iPhone) and a proper keyboard as well. Looking forward to a look and test drive quite frankly.

Have a look round the HTC website in my reply above. There are some very powerfull phones, WM6.1 is quite good now. 6.5 is better, but not officialy out yet.

If you like the look of any of them do your research, most phone networks call each model by a different name than HTC does. Don't know why; can you imagine a nokia n96 being sold by vodafone as a "Vod-Super", but T-Mobile called it the "MDA-Cool". It would never happen would it, yet it does with these phones!

I've got ECalcs, Conduit Fill, WireCalculator, Ratios, ElectricalToolkit, and a couple magnetic field detectors loaded.

Plus some network scan tools, and wi-fi detectors.

Anyone find anything that's a must have?

Wonder if any apps like these available for the Blackberry? Not the field detector of course but the calculators would be nice.

dang it, I have the treo pro. Love the phone, but can't find sh!t in the way of software for it.

I've had PalmOS powered devices since they came out. It replaced my HP48Gx. ("pocket" calculator my hairy Slavish Dupa) IMHO iPhone is just hip because of its marketing, PalmOS has LOTS of stuff available and its a functional computer. You just need to know where to look.
http://www.freeware-palm.com/
And you'll need a better browser than Blazer... like Xiino or Opera.

As far as controls... I even had a program that spoke DF1 and Modbus RTU out the serial port. YORK had an ISN DDC controller programming application as well. VT-100 terminal, etc.