Does anyone know where can I find a tiny PLC

piscis

Does anyone know where can I find a tiny PLC with one input and one output? The Tri-PLC is too big for my application. I need to embed this into a small commercial product and the only space I have is 2”x2”. I could use a PLC on a PCboard type.

Thanks all!!!

The Divelbiss PLC-On-A-Chip is the one I was planning on using on the first place but then the space restrictions on this project got tighter. This will be used for monitoring machine usage, a sensor will detect if the unit has not performed a cycles within the last 30 minutes and will shut down the machine.

Tiny PLC

If you'd care to contact me off thread, Divelbiss would be happy to discuss an embeddable control card to meet your needs.

Mike

This application has to be resolved in terms of space restriction not function. If anyone can find a timers or a smart relay or a board plc with this dimensions I will be more than happy, 2”x2” with a thickness of not more than ½ an inch. I could also settled for (2”x5”x1/2”)

The smallest I have is a Keyence 2.25x2.75x1.75 this is a 6 in 4 out not sure but they may have smaller??

Try using a "nil speed switch" module designed to monitor whether a conveyor, elevator or similar machine is running. It usually uses a proximity switch as its input but this can be from some other source.
I use these as a watchdog timer monitoring a pulsing PLC output and alarming in the event of PLC failure.