Anyone got a copy of the S5 installation disk(s)?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm looking to get hold of the installation disk / file for S5 (v7.2 ideally but anything will do).

I've got the license but it is trapped on an old PG. I've spoken to Siemens Germany and they can help me recover the license but I need the installation files to install the software on another computer.

I've looked on the Siemens website and can find upgrades (from 7.2 to 7.23 etc) and hotfixes etc but I can't find the actual disks for installation.

Has anyone got these they could email me or does anyone have a link where I could download it.

Many thanks for any help you can give me

;-)

I think that you can actually just copy everything from the STEP5 directory and backup to whatever media is possible with the old PG (floppy disks !?).
Also check if there are STEP5-specific entries in autoexec.bat and config.sys.

Ahh - the good olde days eh ;)

Hi Jesper,

The PG that S5 is installed on has seen better days. The USB ports don't work and neither does the floppy disk drive. I've got no way of getting anything off there unfortunately.

That's why I need the installation software. Yep.. the good old days... o_O :ROFLMAO: