Anyone got any info on these Step 5 FB's ?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm trying to work my way through some S5 software and have come across 2 siemens FB's that I need information on.

They are FB 221 (named in the software as MOVEDB) and FB 224 (named in the software as AZZERAM).

They have the following interface:
FB 221:
NAME:MOVEDB
DADB:
ADB:
DADW:
ADW:
NRDW:

FB 224
NAME: AZZERAM.
DB:
DADW:
ADW:

Does anyone have a manual that explains these 2 blocks. I've been searching the net and the Siemens website in vain.

Many thanks for any information you can provide.

Cheers

;-)

Hi Kalle,

Here are 2 screenshots of the block.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's my current thinking...
Name: MOVEDB
DADB: KF+24 // Address of starting DB
ADB: KF+24 // Address of destination DB
DADW: KF+21 // Address of starting byte?
ADW: KF+41 // Address of destination byte?
NRDW: KF+20 // No. of bytes to move?

Perhaps the Azzeram block just fills the space with 0's ??

The system is tracking full pallets on a conveyor and I'm thinking that this bit of code 'puts' a pallet onto the conveyor (the pallets are tracked using DB 24 and DB 23 - I think?!?).

The system isn't running at the moment so I can't monitor it online to watch what happens. I thought if I could find a manual regarding this it would clear it all up for me.

Many thanks for any help you can give me

Cheers

;-)

PALLCON1.JPG PALLCON2.JPG

Hi Kalle,

I've just kicked myself! The FB's (FB221 and 224) weren't even locked! I could just open them and see exactly what they were doing. I think it's because they were such high numbers I just assumed that they were locked Siemens proprietary blocks. Doh!!

Anyways... we were right. The first one is copying bytes from a datablock over. Just a series of Load/Transfers. And the other one is backfilling the area with 0's.

Quite simple really. Many thanks again for all your excellent help.

I've learnt a valuable lesson not to just jump to conclusions!!

Cheers

;-)