Anyone here know use Autocad personally?

on post #1

I just found an old version, 2007 with a license

on post #11

Is this because I'm running a trial version

?

on post #1

I just found an old version, 2007 with a license

on post #11

Is this because I'm running a trial version

?

Well both statements are true.
I have a hard copy of the software that I downloaded onto my computer.

We have 2 licenses for the product of which only 1 of them is currently active.

When I tried to enter the License number into the activation screen it wouldn't accept the key.

There was a button that said " Run Software (30-day Trial)" or something of that nature

So I clicked on that just so I could play around with the software.

I don't know how their licensing works, either. I'm pretty confident its not a dongle. I'm assuming I will need to search computers around here until I find the active version and then transfer the license somehow. Possibly a file like Rockwell stuff

Well both statements are true.
I have a hard copy of the software that I downloaded onto my computer.

We have 2 licenses for the product of which only 1 of them is currently active.

When I tried to enter the License number into the activation screen it wouldn't accept the key.

There was a button that said " Run Software (30-day Trial)" or something of that nature

So I clicked on that just so I could play around with the software.

I don't know how their licensing works, either. I'm pretty confident its not a dongle. I'm assuming I will need to search computers around here until I find the active version and then transfer the license somehow. Possibly a file like Rockwell stuff

AutoCAD usually has a serial number XXX-YYYYYYYYYY (not sure how many on the Y, but there are 3 in the prefix portion, my guess is this relates to the product you purchased) plus you'll have CD KEY (back in those days.) Then you can either activate the software and it will give you the number for your records or input an existing activation number.

so frank you change a setting and when pressing undo it undoes this command, DUH.
give PM and i will send you PDF with version 2007. i have lots of manuals on autocad.

for electrical i use Qelectrotech as it is free (i am dutch)

AutoCAD usually has a serial number XXX-YYYYYYYYYY (not sure how many on the Y, but there are 3 in the prefix portion, my guess is this relates to the product you purchased) plus you'll have CD KEY (back in those days.) Then you can either activate the software and it will give you the number for your records or input an existing activation number.

my Activation code is a 16 digit number in this format:
Alpha Numeric
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

I found out that there is a Utility within the software where I can share licenses, just like RS Logix.

However. For now I just moved the old auto cad computer with the legit license into my office. (y)
Its a desktop that we bought specifically for AutoCad and has better specs than my laptop so I am just going to use that.

so frank you change a setting and when pressing undo it undoes this command, DUH.
give PM and i will send you PDF with version 2007. i have lots of manuals on autocad.

for electrical i use Qelectrotech as it is free (i am dutch)

lol. well The Setting I changed was within a menu of preferences. On a different computer, the user has this setting changed and it stays that way 24/7.

I understand Undo changing something on the project, but don't see why it would change personal settings.

It's a quick command to change it, dsettings> Enable Dimension Input When Possible and UNcheck it.

AutoCAD is not a intuitive software package. The learning curve is steep.
Hardest part is not having immediate answers to problems/questions you run into while working with it.
Its best to have phone/dial in support from a pro available.
I took classes and forgot most of what they taught.
Learning something that you wont see again for 2 months does not result in good retention.