Anyone using Exor HMIs?

we are. we have quite a lot of older exor "designer" panels and text displays.
now we are switching to exor JMobile panels. My quess is this it what your class is about.
I think it's pretty powerful software. all project files are readable (xml). has javascript scripting. supports creating custom widgets which I think is very neat. easy live simulating when using ethernet protocols.
and I believe the reason we chose this over siemens WinCC (TIA) is the price of the panels and the price of the software license.

pro's/cons maybe not easy because we don't use WinCC that much so I'm not really into all their capabilities.

of course a con compared to WinCC is, that it's not integrated in TIA. but importing tags is not that difficult.

I think you can download the software for a month free usage and there's a lot of demos on their website so you could try it out up front.

grtz

Last edited:
Is the software license tag based?

no, not that I know of. our package just had a sheet with activation keys, use one for each PC the software is used on. nothing like transferring licenses etc...

Can you run the HMI on a pc?
From the studio, you can run the project as simulation and for protocols based on serial and ethernet comms you can turn the tag-simulation off and test it "live".

There is also a stand alone "runtime" but that needs a different license afaik.

We have been using Exor''s HMI and JMobile for the last 6 years.
It's pretty powerful and customizable software especially if you good with JavaScript but you need time to get accustomed to it.

I think the max tags number for a project is 10000.
The license for JMobile software is cheap.

@wipiesplc
Where do you buy your Exor HMIs?

Last edited:
This post caught my eye so just stopping by to say thank you for mentioning these guys. I had never heard of them and they look really nice that support many protocols. Powerlink & OPCUA

Actually they make HMIs for many manufacturers like ABB, Turck, Festo, Carel and many others.
The build quality is good and the newest models are based on Linux.
What I like the most is the support for Codesys Soft Plc which runs extremely fast even on low end models.