Factorytalk Network Manager - anyone using it?

thingstodo

We are looking to collect information on our cisco and rockwell assets. The exhaustive list that cyber security is asking for .. serial number, firmware rev, hardware rev, mac address, ports enabled, services enabled, version of the IP stack and whose libraries were used ... all of the information that is apparently available via the network

This inventory documentation is intended to answer the question - Are any of my devices affected? - when another security warning or breach is reported.

During ROKlive this year I sat in on the Factorytalk Network Manager session .. and it appears to collect all of this data for Rockwell devices .. maybe for older asserts like Devicenet, Controlnet, IOlink as well ... and since the Stratix is a cisco switch with added firmware perhaps even modern cisco switches ...

Is anyone using this product? Would you recommend it? Did you install yourself or did you get a service provider to install and get the SQL server etc set up?

I'm wading through the rockwell material. There are many demos that show features, but not much in the way of technical details that I can decipher. This is not my area .. perhaps the details that they include make much more sense to people that deal with this stuff every day.

Thanks