ArchestrA Trend scripting help

Skymey

Hello guys, I just stumbled upon this forum using google and I hope you guys can help me out with a problem im having.

I am trying to configure a Triend Client in a graphic object using scripting.
First I configure the historian, then I add 1 Pen and then I configure that pen1. now the problem is I have alot of trends to configure and every trend has multiple pens. So if i have to configure the expression, Units, Trend high and trend Low for every pen for multiple trends, that's gonna take alot of time.
So my idea was to make a property that contains the expression and then in scripting use that property and the specified text to it, soo for example:
my expression or object is:
Temperature01
in that object I have configured the units, trendhi and trendlow so the right references would be (in the script of the trend graphic object):
TrendClient.Units = Temperature01.EngUnits
TrendClient.TrendHi = Temperature01.Trendhi
TrendClient.TrendLo = Temperature01.TrendLo

But what I wanna do is this:
Pen01 = Temperature01
TrendClient.Units = Pen01 + ".EngUnits"
TrendClient.TrendHi = Pen01 + ".TrendHi"
TrendClient.TrendLo = Pen01 + ".TrendLo"
So that I only have to fill in the property Pen01 and let the scripting do the rest.

BUT this doesn't really work. the trendclient will see this as a String and just put the string there. so in Windowviewer trendhi and trendlo would display NaN (not a number) cause it's a string. is there anyway to let the program now its a reference or a property?

Im using the Trend Client in Wonderware IDE and in that Trend Client I configure the right Historian. if that is what you ment?

Dynamic assignment

Do you want to dynamically assign the tagname to the trend? Are you using the trend within the a Archestra embedded graphic or in a intouch smartsymbol?

If you are using it wihtin a smartsymbal you have to do IOreference.

If you are using it within Archestra graphic you can use me.Tagname.Trendhi. The graphic should be located in the instance.

Rheinhardt

Last edited:
Do you want to dynamically assign the tagname to the trend? Are you using the trend within the a Archestra embedded graphic or in a intouch smartsymbol?

If you are using it wihtin a smartsymbal you have to do IOreference.

If you are using it within Archestra graphic you can use me.Tagname.Trendhi. The graphic should be located in the instance.

Rheinhardt

I'm using it within an ArchestrA graphic, but I have multiplte tags in 1 Trend, so I can't put the trend in an object and use the me.Tagname function, cause then al the pens would have the same tag...