Arduino in industry...

wwlederer, did you get the Arduino board tested? Did it meet the CE specifications?
That is where the real costs are.

Downloading schematics and board files is good but even the board layout requires some 'magic' and experience.

Perhaps the Arduino runs a low enough frequency where radiating noise isn't a problem.

I did not finish the project (changed job). But, the designed on Arduino basis board, was the only acceptable solution, which allowed to put all control inside the pump and configure processor's interrupts (actually, DIY PLC).
Yes, You have to know the Eagle developing package (www.cadsoft.de), but it is cheap and the late version is free for hobbyists. And a lot of projects for download.
The Arduino is good for home automation, especially, in couple with Android panels or smartphones as HMI.

Personally I'm a big fan of the multi-core setup, especially when compared to the PITA of programming interrupts on single processor devices.

For this reason i like CPLD's and FPGA's. Everything happen in parrallel all the time so you wont have to interrupt.
Also, the programming languages are hardware description language (HDL) so they are designed specifically for hardware operation (unlike C, Pascal, BASIC, Java..).