Ascii in RSLogix5000

Maswork

Using Controllogix PLC and RSlogix5000 to scan in data over devicenet ascii module (1734-232ASC). Data scans in and displays correctly. I need to parse out each character of input data and convert to an integer, perform math, convert each integer back to ascii and assemble as a barcode for output. When I convert ascii to a String so it can be parsed with the MID instruction, the String data values make no sense to me. For instance ascii "0264" converts to a string of 80859704. What does this value represent? Is there a better way to hanle data manipulation like scan in as hex, convert to integer, perform math and convert to Ascii?

Accidental Post

My first post on this web site, sorry for the mistake.I did not realize the first post was "posted".
Thanks

Similar Topics

Hey, i've been working on getting some add-on instructions defaulted in the company i work in. i am currently trying to create a string which...
Replies
Views
hi, I tring to mov Ascii in RSLogix5000 to a string at structured text code: for example: if temp=5 then string_tag = [3,'abc'] end_if but I...
Replies
Views
This might be a simple question. I have a red lion display which i can communicate over rs232 or 485. I am needing to get information from a plc...
Replies
Views
I need to convert ascii data scanned in on Devicenet serial (1734-232ASC) to individual Integer values. Perform math and convert integer values...
Replies
Views
Hi, We couldn’t find anything specific, so am starting a new thread. I’m trying to migrate a config from a ML1400 to a micro820 & am experiencing...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom