ASCII issues

It's 237 in integer
What is? ' í ' character, 237 is NOT a printable simple-ASCII character.
The ascii that I would expect would be between 32 and 127 (decimal)
I do not see a 237 in the PAC screenshot that you posted in the other forum. I do see a 236. 236 is ' ì '
The frequency/position pattern of extended-Ascii characters does not match any pattern of the text that you expect.

Did you have any result with RealTerm?
When I have issues with comms protocols, I break out the Saleae logic8 and set up the protocol analyzer(s). This way I can look at the ups and downs of the data as well as what the data represents -- AND it will even make well-founded guesstimations as to the comms settings.
I get helpful pictures like these:

MBusAscii.png Comms MBusAscii.png

Last edited:
I don't have the CV-X252AP manual and I'm not logging in to the Keyence website so that the vulture salesman can call me in 5 minutes.
I get enough keyence spam already.
can you post any communication specs from the (hardware) manual/datasheet?

can you verify the cable connection. I found a manual.
The commport on the CV-X252AP IS NOT PINNED THE SAME AS THE PAC/CLICK.

Even though it uses the same RJ (11?12) connector (6p6c) the pinouts differ!

Last edited:
The PAC diagram you posted... Is that for Prod 2000?

The commport connector/pinout should be the same.
I'll look at p2k later.

EDIT:
Help topic P196 from PAC (P2K and P3K) has identical pinouts for these connectors.
The image WAS taken from the P3K hardware configuration help.

Last edited:
I didn't have any 6 pin ends so I cut a click programming cable and tied the wires together and it's working now. Thanks for your help. This is my first time dealing with ASCII and I was lost.

I didn't have any 6 pin ends so I cut a click programming cable and tied the wires together and it's working now. Thanks for your help. This is my first time dealing with ASCII and I was lost.

(y) You are welcome.
Glad that you got it working. Please update the ADC forum thread so that others there will know that you have solved the issue.

Thanks for the update.

PS. I have several cables around with varying states of surgical undress.