Assignment Question

alfie1993

Hello everyone iam here for some help for this question:

When working on any PLC system it is very important that you consider all
health and safety requirements.

Explain in detail what health and safety actions you would use when selecting a
PLC for an application.

can someone please help me out here i would really appreciate it thank you.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum,

The first thing you will find here is that when it is for school, the guru's on this sight are going to want you to show what work you have done first, and what your thoughts are on the question you are asking.

Once you have done this, then most will be more than willing to go out of their way to help you.
But you have to show where you have put in the effort first.

Here is a previous thread from this forum on the same subject you are inquiring about.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=77863

Give it a read and it should get you headed in the right direction. Then if you have more specific questions, post them and include your thoughts on the subject and show any work you have done already and someone for sure will help answer your questions.

Good Luck with you assignment.
BCS

Thank you very much Bering c sparky and i appreciate that your helping me i took a look at the link and i found it interesting however iam new to this PLC kind of stuff i just started so i really have no idea what is happening i have also done some research

You must have already seen this post before I gave you the link then. There are a few post in that thread that are long, and you would not have had time to read one post much less the entire thread.

That thread is 3 pages long look at the tabs to go to other pages.

The posts in that thread go into alot of detail about the question you are asking.

I am not sure you will get better answers to the question you are asking. At least not until you show the fourm what effort you have put in on your own behalf first.

As I told you earlier since this is for school, most on here will not do your homework for you.

Put in some time researching and reading, when you have specific quesions post them and you will be surprised at how many forum members will help put you on the right path.

Good Luck,
BCS

If the scope of the question is human safety (and it sounds so for me), it has nothing with selecting a PLC for an application, unless we are talking a safety PLC.
The reason is, that human safety must be implemented by hardware circuits, not by software. And "hardware circuits" here does not mean PLC I/Os.