Assignment Question

If the criteria is the amount of inputs and outputs, then a PLC with 12 inputs and 8 outputs will be twice as good, if you need to explain why then I do not hold much hope for the people that are setting this question.

hello again

Your employer recently won a contract with a local company called Litfuse. You have been tasked to select and describe a type of programmable controller to suit the following application. You also need to state the benefits and limitations of your chosen PLC.

a. A PLC is required to provide sequential control for a fuse making assembly line. The system has an input power supply voltage of 24v dc, with 6 inputs and 4 outputs all are 24v dc.

what i have to do is is pick a programmable controller that is better than the one they have picked and i have to explain to them why its better than the one they have picked at the moment i have picked this one

http://industrial.omron.co.uk/en/pro...c/default.html

because it has more inputs and outputs but thats all i can see with it any chance you can help me thank you.

Going back to your original post, where did the part in bold come from? Is this your interpretation or was this given to your verbally or what?

The system has an input power supply voltage of 24v dc, with 6 inputs and 4 outputs all are 24v dc.
Because this is a hazardous fuse-handling operation, pick a "safety-rated" PLC (one that has been tested for failure modes, but still has the low-voltage 24 VDC Inputs and Outputs).

ok i have picked one and it is the CP1E series from the omron website but now i have to tell them why is it better to have more inputs and outputs but i have searched google it does not show why it is better to have more inputs and outputs. i also have to explain why the plc i chose is better than the one they picked for me

It is only better to have more inputs and outputs if the functionality is to be expanded at some time, or for redundancy whereby if an input or output fails the plc can be re-programmed to use the spare i/o.

(you have not answered post #18)

Litfuse already have 66 Siemens plcs in their factory so using an Omron will add to their spares inventory, as well as requiring them to be trained in all things Omron.

so the limitations are that using the omron plc's is that you would have to pay for the program software and you would have to get people trained to use the omron plc. am i correct?

thank you very much for your help i really really do appreciate all the help you have gave me this will be the last question why is the plc i have chosen better than theres as i stated only things i have are because more inputs and outputs and higher power suply is there anything else to add onto that?