Atlas Copco Wireless Torque Guns

Gadelric

Wizards,

Has anyone used the wireless torque gun set up from Atlas Copco?
I was asked to see if it would be an improvement to change over to wireless, and how difficult it would be to change over.
I have heard about these, but do not know how reliable they are.
I currently have 6 controllers across 3 stations on the same line.
I would love to be able to centrally locate a singular controller and have it run the 6 different guns.
I worry about a single point of failure, reliability, tool battery life, as well as the tool being able to take the abuse from operators.

Gad

Follow up:

I put some feelers out to a couple of contacts.
They do not recommend changing over to cordless.
Although it is nice not to have to fight with the cord, the battery life isn't good enough to get through a shift, they change them every break or the guns start doing odd things.
The overall size and weight of the tool will also create issues as we have to get it into smaller locations.
Controller builds a virtual op to pair the gun(s) to, cost of the controller goes up as you add ops, on par with buying a corded controller for every op.
Programing can be painful, but there is support for that part of it.

These are just a few things my contacts have dealt with when using the cordless Atlas Copco system.
Doesn't sound like it is worth the hassle, at least for my set-ups.:cry:

Gad

Get Atlas Copco to offer up a referrral. See if they have another customer nrearby that you can contact. If their wireless product is as good as their older stuff( I have about 50 AC4000 torque guns in my facility), they should be using this as a selling point.