Auto labeling machine PLC Rslogix500 or 5000 sample

fei

Hello everyone:
I am new to the PLC, I am working on a auto labeling machine, but I have never deal with the labeling machine before, I am wondering that is any one can send me a program sample of a auto labeling machine.
My email is:[email protected]

Sincerely :sick:

That's a pretty broad request. I have worked on labeling machines from a small 6 input 4 output to dozens on inputs and output with all types of analog.

Maybe a mechanical drawing or some idea of the type of IO you have would give us a better idea on how complex the machine is.

That's a pretty broad request. I have worked on labeling machines from a small 6 input 4 output to dozens on inputs and output with all types of analog.

Maybe a mechanical drawing or some idea of the type of IO you have would give us a better idea on how complex the machine is.

Actually, This is the new job I am going to start at the end of June. During the interview they told me that I would design the program for a machine call" ServoTech Labeler". However, My backgroup of the programming knowledge all about robot cells and "pick & place" machines instead of the labeling type of system

In this case, I don't have any drawings and ideas of how many IO they will have. But I have some images how the labler looks like.

The images will be attached with the reply message.

The only purpose for asking the sample of the program is in order to understand the genenal ideas and sequence of how the auto labler works to heghten my confidence.
I will appreciate that if you may send me a sample of programming which simlar to the machine as the same as the images I attched.
m142.jpg

m143.jpg

m146.jpg

Is MTS opening a production shop in China ? Or are you being expected to do the controls programming for a copy of an MTS ServoTech labeling machine ?

I'm trying to come up with a theory that would connect your Chinese e-mail address, your selection of an unrelated Carribean nation as a location, and your claim to be in Hamilton, Ontario where MTS is located. It's not like MTS doesn't know how their machine works.

I've worked on a similar label machine before, and they refused to let us (their customer) have the PLC program so we could troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Is MTS opening a production shop in China ? Or are you being expected to do the controls programming for a copy of an MTS ServoTech labeling machine ?

I'm trying to come up with a theory that would connect your Chinese e-mail address, your selection of an unrelated Carribean nation as a location, and your claim to be in Hamilton, Ontario where MTS is located. It's not like MTS doesn't know how their machine works.

I've worked on a similar label machine before, and they refused to let us (their customer) have the PLC program so we could troubleshoot.

Hello Ken:
No,I don't work for MTS, I will work for Pneumatic Scale Angelus In Canada at the end of June. I think I selected the carribean nation by mistake which is be corrected.

It is because Pneumatic Scale Angelus expected me to provide the program for their "ServoTech labeling Machine". However, I got zero knowledge about how the labeling machine works and what is the sequences will like. The images I attached was the machine simlar as I saw from Pneumatic Scale Angelus their Shop. The pictures attached that I got them from google images.

I barely determine what is the sequeuce of the programming for ServoTech Labeling Machine by observing the machine production process from Youtube.

So, I am here expected someone had program sample simlar to the picture attched whom may able to forward their program sample to me only to figure out how hard or different of the programming compare to "robot cell" and "Pick & Place" Machines.

Of course, if the program sample is not avaiable, I also expect you or someone here could probably talk about what is the sequence of programming a Servo Tech Machine.

Huh. Looks like a labeling machine OEM trying to copy the design of another labeling machine OEM, then.

I've had too many of my designs ripped off by my competition to be impartial on the subject.

History Lesson...

We have a couple of Angelus 50P Seamers in production here. Very old but reliable machines. So I have some knowledge of this company, who's parent company has been around a long time having started out in 1885 as a machine shop.

To piece this puzzle together...

Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc. is a "global supplier of manufacturing technology and services across several industries. Barry-Wehmiller's four business platforms are automated packaging equipment, corrugating and sheeting equipment, paper conversion equipment, and IT and engineering consulting services."

Within the packaging industry, Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc. own PneumaticScaleAngelus.

PneumaticScaleAngelus, "offers new and pre-owned filling, capping, centrifugation, and seaming packaging and equipment and services."

One of PneumaticScaleAngelus' many brands is...

Multi-Tech Systems International Inc., which offers "new "State of the Art” Hot Melt, Pressure Sensitive and Cold Glue Labelers which utilize European and North American technology to provide extremely accurate label placement and are engineered to last."

One of Multi-Tech Systems International Inc.'s newer labellers is the ServoTech Labeler which is designed to incorporate all of the three labelling methods mentioned above. This is an "already to market" OEM product and not at development stage.

So both PneumaticScaleAngelus and Multi-Tech Systems International Inc. are all the one. They are also both based in Toronto and within a stones throw of each other as the crow flies.

fei said:
...new job I am going to start at the end of June. During the interview they told me that I would design the program for a machine call" ServoTech Labeler"...

What they want you to do specifically when you start is a bit unclear? If this machine already exists as a marketable product, do they want you to reprogram it? I would doubt it? Modify it? Maybe? Are they working on the next model, possibly?

You were in the interview. What do you think they wanted? :unsure:

fei said:
...I am wondering that is any one can send me a program sample of a auto labeling machine.

As JaxGTO has eluded to, auto labelling machines cover a broad spectrum of products and applications. They can be relatively simple to quite complex. This one most certainly falls into the quite complex bracket.

Here's a small example from Rockwell for a Pressure Sensitive Labeling Machine, from an OEM's perspective, using a Micro850 controller...

Micro800 solution for labeling machine

Perhaps others can provide you with specific RSLogix 500/5000 examples for these types of machines, but I certainly cannot.

Here is a photo of one of Barry-Wehmiller's first machines back in the day. An eight horsepower no less!...

our-history.jpg