Automation Direct DL05 PLC

e_pramod

I am working on the automation direct PLC DL05. I have problem on the timer instruction, Once the timer instruction becomes true & when reach to the preset value done bit become activated , but still timer increment continuously. Is it causing overflow fault?
Is it necessory to stop the timer by making rung condition false after done bit activated?

It will not cause an overflow fault.

That would be correct. The timer will continue counting up until it reaches 9999 (assuming TMR) and then will stop but the T bit will stay on as long as the timer value is above the preset value. The timer is reset by turning the input off.

Bob

testsubject said:
It will not cause an overflow fault.

That would be correct. The timer will continue counting up until it reaches 9999 (assuming TMR) and then will stop but the T bit will stay on as long as the timer value is above the preset value. The timer is reset by turning the input off.

Bob

I will confirm Bob's answer as 100% correct.

elevmike said:
I will confirm Bob's answer as 100% correct.
I'll give him 99.99% correct... :ROFLMAO:

The T bit will stay on as long as the timer value is equal to or above the preset value.

🍻

-Eric

This can come in handy sometimes because you can have multiable events off the same timer using relational contacts. Same with counters.

Andy