AutomationDirect EA9 Touch Screen - Allen Bradley ML1200 - Timers 0

jjones0377

Hey all! Long time reader, first time poster!
I have an EA9-T7CL and an MicroLogix 1200 connected via DF1.

I'm all good and got everything mostly up and running. Program is 99% complete, and the HMI programming probably 95% done. I have 1 last function I'm wanting to incorporate, and thats pull in the PLC timers onto the HMI. How do i do this?

I've tried just pulling the T4:36.ACC value in. I've tried putting the T4:36.ACC value into an integer, N7:1. Which is working on the PLC side. I am trying to put it into a dynamic text field with a trigger tag of the same bit being >0, then display the text. So as follows.

T4:36.ACC >0, then display the timer's ACC value on the HMI.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure this out. I am self taught with all of your guys' help and youtube! This is my first PLC program and first HMI to add on to that. Just trying to get this bad boy working! Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would do all of that in the PLC.

GRT T4:36.ACC 0 OTE B13:3/0 and use B13:3/0 as the visibility bit for the object.

Plus I concur with the MOV T4:36.ACC N7:1 and I always have the HMI read an integer or float/real tag instead of looking at any timer or counter directly. EDIT: and never have the HMI look directly at inputs & outputs, always OTE another bit in the bit data file used for the HMI. Personally I always use B13 for all HMI bits and integer files N10 (HMI Reads) and N11 (HMI Writes). If there are a lot of float/real tags I use F12, otherwise just use a few in F8.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! Ill work on that! I had the program all done, until the boss wanted to add an HMI to this system, so trying to integrate it into the PLC now. Ill try more tomorrow. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply! Ill work on that! I had the program all done, until the boss wanted to add an HMI to this system, so trying to integrate it into the PLC now. Ill try more tomorrow. Thanks again!

I have designed quite a few systems that didn't have a HMI, but I programmed all the bits and integers when designing it.

Plus I add HMI Enable PB's to turn things on and off, that way I can get online in RSL500 and toggle bits instead of having to do online edits - or in the case of a ML(NOT1400) offline & download