B&R HMI with Mitsubishi Drive Communication Problem

hinddhindsa

we have an B&R HMI MODEL NO. 4PP220.0571-K04 REV. J0 along with installed communication card IF779 in our machine. RS485 port of this card is used for communication with MITSUBISHI FR-F740-00620-EC , F700 inverter.

Now we are getting communication error whenever we power up the HMI, even though RxD , TxD indicators Lit. From HMI x2x port is also used. another B&R plc is connected to this HMI , but that is communicating properly.

I want to know how to eliminate this Communication error.

Thanks.

You can look at the logger for the PP220 to see if there are any hardware errors. You'll need Automation Studio, but do not need the project to do this, you can use a blank project. There is also a stand alone tool you can download from the B&R website that will get the logger for you.

If this was working and nothing was changed with the hardware or program, then I would first try changing the cable. Sometimes wires that have a tight bend will break as they age, or they simply corrode over time. You might also want to take the housing off the back of the PP220 and front of the drive to see if the connection is corroded or broken on the inside.

my Mitsubishi drive was faulty , as IGBT of drive was burnt. but after repairing drive , the original parameters were downloaded to the drive. i was having doubt that Communication card of HMI IF779 might have some problem so i have changed that card with the spare card, but still the problem exits.
I do not have the automation studio. i think i need to purchase the license for this. i will try by downloading the tool. what is the name of this logger tool.