B&R IPC5000, PLC 2005 and ACOPOS1022 servo

goghie

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
My clients have this 16 year old, but quite good machine with B&R IPC5000, PLC 2005, ACOPOS1022 servos and some Lenze 8200 VFDs.
Due to Lenze VFD fail (which I replaced with same model), I need to access to application and check some CAN settings and I would like also to backup everything.
I've downloaded Automation Studio 4 and Servosoft and obtained test licences, but mentioned equipment is not supported (I presume because it is old).

What software do I need in order to do it?
Can I upload application from the equipment with regular Ethernet cable or do I need some special interface?

Thanks in advance.

I've worked with the 2005 CPU and 1022 and 1045 drives, using Automation studio 4 (years ago, can't remember the minor version).

I'm pretty sure with B&R 2005 there is no upload. You must have the source code.

Never used IPC5000.

Thank you very much for info. I will try to make image of IPC's HDD and to decompile it.
BTW, I'm surprised how hard is to find B&R experts and although there are trial licences available and some knowledge base online, I'm shocked that I could not find exact name and version of software needed for programming the mentioned equipment in documentation.

I spun up an old VM, hope this helps and sorry for the confusion earlier saying it was V4 (10 years since I worked on them).

br as.png