B&R IPC5000 Upgrade Options

thedrunkfish

Hey Guys i was just after a bit of advice and was hoping some of the longer serving automation gurus might be able to help me out.

We have just inherited a Cincinnati Extrusion Proton 90 extruder. This is controlled with a B&R EX477 PLC, IPC5000 industrial PC and a proprietary HMI all connected via CAN Bus.

The issue we have is the IPC is faulty, fails to boot up and has other serious problems, we need this machine to be reliable when placed back into service.
Replacing the whole control system with AB is one option however this is costly.

My question is what other options do we have? i have not tried to connect directly to the plc yet but the IPC has a CF Card that has the IPC program on it that we could transfer to a newer version if possible?