Backwards $ signs in RS5000/Monitor Tags View

godfrey

An operator was online to an L62 processor using v16. Looking at the controller tags in Monitor View, he reported that some values showed as backwards dollar signs instead of having numerical values. Have you seen this? What would that represent?

An operator was online to an L62 processor using v16. Looking at the controller tags in Monitor View, he reported that some values showed as backwards dollar signs instead of having numerical values. Have you seen this? What would that represent?

im not sure why, i havent seen that before

i was just wondering, what an operator was doing online... around here if i found an operator online with the plc i would be scared ****less...

Where they string tags? I've seen that with string tags before. I think they may have had non-printable characters like tabs and such.

They represent infinity values or an invalid IEEE-754 float.

Check your program for divide by zero. Look at your fault status as well. Zero division doesn't cause a major fault on the CLX platform.